The 289 is the next generation high performance industrial logging multimeter designed to solve complex problems in electronics, plant automation, power distribution, and electro-mechanical equipment. With the ability to log data and review it graphically on-screen, you can solve problems faster and help minimize downtime. Let the 289 be your watchdog for systems or processes while you are off doing other jobs. Now communicate wirelessly with your iOS and Android smart devices with the Fluke Connect mobile app and ir3000 FC wireless connector.
Equipped with new functionality
- NEW – Now compatible with Fluke Connect mobile app and all Fluke FC enabled test tools with optional ir3000 FC infrared connector (sold separately).
- NEW – Let your team see what you see in an instant with ShareLive™ video call (requires Fluke Connect mobile app and ir3000 FC wireless connector).
- TrendCapture graphically displays logged data session to quickly determine whether anomalies may have occurred.
- Zoom on trend provides unprecedented ability to view and analyze TrendCapture data; zoom in up to 14 times.
- Selectable AC filter (smoothing mode) helps display a steadier reading when the input signal is changing rapidly or noisy.
- Adjustable recording and auto hold thresholds, specify a percentage change in the readings that begins a new event.
- Large 50,000 count, 1/4 VGA dot matrix display with white backlight.
- Logging function with expanded memory for unattended monitoring of signals over time. Using on-board TrendCapture users can graphically review logged readings without needing a PC. Store up to 15,000 recorded events.
- Save multiple logging sessions before PC download is necessary.
- Two terminal 50 ohm range with 1 milliohm resolution, 10 mA source current. Useful for measuring and comparing differences in motor winding resistance or contact resistance.
- Low Pass filter for accurate voltage and frequency measurements at the same time on adjustable speed motor drives and other electrically noisy equipment.
- LoZ Volts. Low impedance voltage function for eliminating ghost voltages. Also recommended when testing for absence or presence of live power.
- On board help screens for measurement functions. Unsure about a function – go to that function and press the “i” button.
- Real time clock for automatic time stamping of saved readings.
- Relative mode to remove test lead resistance from low ohms or capacitance measurements.
- True-RMS AC voltage and current for accurate measurements on non-linear signals.
- Measure up to 10 A (20 A for 30 seconds).
- 100 mF capacitance range.
- Peak capture to record transients as fast as 250 μs.
- Premium test leads and alligator clips included.
- Amp jack plugs included.
- Optional magnetic hanger for easy setup and viewing while freeing your hands for other tasks.
- Optional FlukeView forms enable you to document, store and analyze individual readings or a series of measurements, then convert them into professional-looking documents.
|DC volts||Range / resolution||50.000 mV, 500.00 mV, 5.0000 V, 50.000 V, 500.00 V, 1000.0 V|
|AC volts||Range / resolution||50.000 mV, 500.00 mV, 5.0000 V, 50.000 V, 500.00 V, 1000.0 V|
|Basic accuracy||0.4% (True-RMS)|
|DC current||Range / resolution||500.00 μA, 5000.0 μA, 50.000 mA, 400.00 mA, 5.0000 A, 10.000 A|
|AC current||Range / resolution||500.00 μA, 5000.0 μA, 50.000 mA, 400.00 mA, 5.0000 A, 10.000 A|
|Basic accuracy||0.6% (True-RMS)|
|Temperature (excluding probe)||Range / resolution||-200.0°C to 1350.0°C (-328.0°F to 2462.0°F)|
|Resistance||Range / resolution||50.000 Ω, 500.00 Ω, 5.0000 kΩ, 50.000 kΩ, 500.00 kΩ, 5.0000 MΩ, 50.00 MΩ, 500.0 MΩ|
|Capacitance||Range / resolution||1.000 nF,10.00 nF 100.0 nF, 1.000 μF, 10.00 μF, 100.0 μF, 1000 μF, 10.00 mF, 100 mF|
|Frequency||Range / resolution||99.999 Hz, 999.99 Hz, 9.9999 kHz, 99.999 kHz, 999.99 kHz|
|Connectivity||Optional infrared connector via Fluke ir3000 FC|
|Maximum voltage between any terminal and earth ground||1000 V|
|Battery type||6 AA alkaline batteries, NEDA 15A IECLR6|
|Battery life||100 hours minimum, 200 hours in logging mode|
|Temperature||Operating||-20°C to 55°C|
|Storage||-40°C to 60°C|
|Relative humidity||0 to 90% (0 to 37°C), 0 to 65% (37°C to 45°C), 0 to 45% (45°C to 55°C)|
|Electromagnetic compatibility||EMC EN61326–1|
|Vibration||Random vibration per MIL-PRF-28800F Class 2|
|Shock||1 meter drop per IEC/EN 61010–1 3rd Edition|
|Size (H x W x L)||22.2 x 10.2 x 6 cm (8.75 x 4.03 x 2.38 in)|
|Weight||870.9 g (28 oz)|
|Multiple on screen displays||Yes|
|True-RMS AC bandwidth||100 kHz|
|DC mV resolution||1 μV|
|Megohm range||Up to 500 MΩ|
|Elapse time clock||Yes|
|Time of day clock||Yes|
|Isolated optical interface||Yes|
|Log to PC||Yes|
|Logging memory||Up to 15,000 readings|
|Wireless connectivity (optional)||Yes|